I don’t even know what to say to this. Jeremy found a book from the ’80s entitled Kids Can Cooperate: A practical guide to teaching problem solving at Goodwill.
Jeremy starts thusly:
Yes, this all seems quite sensible. What parent doesn’t want their child to learn how to cooperate with siblings, friends, and even adults…
…but just what in the fuck is this little girl doing to her friend? Gina, the box lunch is on the table, not in little Suzy’s pants. It’s ok to be curious, but you’re so young. Save it for the civil union or at least until your freshman year at Wellesley.
And it goes on. See, it’s the illustrations. Seriously. Not right. The book. Not Jeremy.
TSA’s security checkpoint wait time thingy
Select your airport and time of day, and it gives you the average and max wait times for each terminal in that airport. Expecting no more than a 10 minute wait tomorrow morning (Saturday, 7-ish) at RDU.
Jane and Jane
“Sophisticated Living for Lesbian Lifestyles” is not necessarily an oxymoron. Downloaded PDFs of the first four issues a while back (can’t get them off the website anymore). If I like what I see, I’ll totally subscribe. That was smart of them to do because I probably wouldn’t go to the trouble to track an issue down and flip through it otherwise.
Tiffany‘s got an awesome post up at Anti-Racist Parent about how to talk to little Rosco about race.
I’m looking forward to having dinner with Tiffany and the rest of the Snarky family tomorrow night, wrapping up my stay in lovely Raleigh-Durham. Today was Raleigh day. I just bummed around downtown near the capitol for a bit. Up and down a couple malls and over to the City Market. Tomorrow will be Durham day. Probably just check out the Duke campus and find a coffee shop to hang out in.
Now with more Tuesday!
1. Is it just me or have all the cool websites been having technical difficulties today? I really wish Twitter would get its shit together. I’m in a boring training and I need to get my Twitters to keep me entertained.
2. What’s the last movie you saw? Pan’s Labyrinth. It definitely deserved the Oscars it won.
3. What’s the last good movie you saw? Pan’s Labyrinth
4. If you were paid $10 million, would you be willing to have a 1″ tattoo (of your choosing) applied to the middle of your forehead? Hell to the yeah.
5. Welch’s juice commercial kids: love ‘em or hate ‘em? Hate ‘em.
6. What is your current must-have software/plugin/online tool? Twitter.
7. Do you have any live plants in your home? Nope.
8. Quick, make up a word and tell us its definition! It’s late and I should really be in bed. Pass.
9. Do you love eggs from your head down to your legs? Uh, no.
10. Ask me something. Who’s got Memorial Day weekend plans?
“Slate” slideshow on lolcats
As a rule I am not terribly fond of cats, but this shit cracks me up. And it cracks me up that “lolcats” is a word. (via)
The Smooch Project
Mission Statement: “To serve as a photographic testament that all humans, regardless of social, economic, or political barriers, share a joyful willingness to welcome love and affection into their lives.” We got photographed while attending Art-A-Whirl last weekend.
FDA set to OK period suppression pill
I have no need to be on the pill whatsoever, but I would totally entertain this for convenience. Sounds like the chance of unexpected bleeding is still pretty high, though. Which is most certainly not convenient.