- I live in Minneapolis with my wife, Missy (aka M™).
- I’m a full time graduate student at St. Kate’s. I’m working on my Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership.
- In my last career I was a validation engineer at a drug company.
- I sing as an Alto 2 in the Twin Cities Women’s Choir. I have also sung in TCWC’s small ensemble, ENCORE!, and I’m the President of TCWC’s board of directors.
- I’m a board member at Project 515, an LGBT advocacy group working to secure equal rights and considerations for same-sex couples and their families under Minnesota law. We just helped Minnesota be the first state in the country to defeat an anti-equality constitutional amendment.
- I’m huge fan of the Minnesota Fringe Festival. I used to serve on their board and I volunteer at the festival every year.
- I grew up in Detroit. That’s “The D” to you.
- I did my undergrad at the University of Michigan in Chemical Engineering. Go Blue!
- The only Minnesota team I root for over a Michigan team is the WNBA‘s Lynx.
A little more:
I’ve been blogging since 2002. I started with Blogger, then Movable Type, and now I use WordPress and Tumblr. I’m neither a designer nor a developer, but I’ll play with anything.
I’ve lived in Minneapolis since 1999 (mostly). I’ve been deep in the Twin Cities blogging community since 2005, first at the Minneapolis Metblog and then at my site fresh.mn. I love this place, I like knowing what’s going on and sharing with people what’s cool and where to go. I’m also keenly aware that it’s pretty white here, so cinna.mn was born to collect stories about minority experiences in Minnesota.
Singing is what makes my soul happy. I’ve been singing with the Twin Cities Women’s Choir since 2006. I’m a big fan of our huge indie theater scene and the Minnesota Fringe Festival is one of my favorite things about living here. I sit on the TCWC’s board of directors, used to sit on the Fringe’s board, and also served on Family Equality Council’s Midwest Advisory Council.
I used to be a runner. I’ve got two half marathons and two 10-milers under my belt. Now I’m more of a bikram yoga fan. It heals my body, my mind, and my spirit. That said, the year I turn 35 I’m hoping to do my first (and last) marathon.
Somehow, all of these things will lead me to my next life adventure. I’ve spent 10 years enginerding. I’m ready to use those nerdy, practical, analytical skills to do something more fun and life-changing (but, you know, with structure and guidelines), whether that’s writing, digital activism, or something I haven’t conceived of yet.
Find me around the web:
- ericamauter.com – quasi-professional and woefully underdeveloped
- MissyandErica.com – an “us” website currently stocked with out-of-date wedding info
- I used to run a cityblog called fresh.mn and a site about minority issues in Minnesota called cinna.mn. I don’t anymore.
Or use the form below to email me directly.