- I live in Minneapolis with my wife, Missy (aka M™), and our two dogs, Peanut Louise and Florence.
- I’m a full time graduate student at St. Kate’s. I’m working on my Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership.
- In my last career I was a validation engineer at a drug company.
- I have sung as an Alto 2 in the Twin Cities Women’s Choir and in TCWC’s small ensemble, ENCORE!
- I’m a board member at Project 515, an LGBT advocacy group working to secure equal rights and considerations for same-sex couples and their families under Minnesota law. In 2012, we helped Minnesota be the first state in the country to defeat an anti-equality constitutional amendment. In 2013, we helped Minnesota turn around and achieve marriage equality through legislation.
- I’m huge fan of the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
- I grew up in Detroit. That’s “The D” to you.
- I did my undergrad at the University of Michigan in Chemical Engineering. Go Blue!
- The only Minnesota team I root for over a Michigan team is the two-time WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx, aka #loslynx.
A little more:
I’ve been blogging since 2002. I started with Blogger, then Movable Type, and now I use WordPress and Tumblr. I’m neither a designer nor a developer, but I’ll play with anything.
I’ve lived in Minneapolis since 1999 (mostly). I’ve been deep in the Twin Cities blogging community since 2005, first at the Minneapolis Metblog and then at my site fresh.mn. I love this place, I like knowing what’s going on and sharing with people what’s cool and where to go. I’m also keenly aware that it’s pretty white here, so cinna.mn was born to collect stories about minority experiences in Minnesota. All of those projects are now defunct.
Singing is what makes my soul happy. I’ve been singing with the Twin Cities Women’s Choir since 2006. I’m a big fan of our huge indie theater scene and the Minnesota Fringe Festival is one of my favorite things about living here. I used to sit on the TCWC’s and Fringe’s boards of directors, and also served on Family Equality Council’s Midwest Advisory Council.
I’m an on-again-off-again runner. I’ve got three half marathons and two 10-milers under my belt, and as of October 20, 2013, I have run one marathon. Now I’m more of yoga fan. It heals my body, my mind, and my spirit.
Somehow, all of these things will lead me to my next life adventure. I spent 12 years enginerding. I’m ready to use those nerdy, practical, analytical skills to do something more fun and life-changing (but, you know, with structure and guidelines), whether that’s writing, digital activism, public service, or something I haven’t conceived of yet.
Social media icons by Paul Robert Lloyd.
Or use the form below to email me directly.