December 28 Achieve.
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
I’d love to end the year having a clue as to what to do for my next job. I know that I will be getting laid off in November or December of
next this year (this year already!) and taking a pretty hefty severance package with me. So I need to be working right now to lay the groundwork for the next move and I’ve already decided that a career change is in order. Not sure what that next career is, though.
(It was announced three years ago that the drug manufacturing plant I work in would be closing at the end of this year. So, yes, I’ve known for three years that I will be getting laid off this year.)
I think I’ll be relieved more than anything if/when I get that clarity, but the chances are good that I’ll be second-guessing myself the whole way.
Things I Can Do
- Research masters programs and prepare to apply if necessary.
- Talk to people about their projects and interests to see what options I might have and how they might be able to help. I think that’s called networking.
- Go ahead and get that LLC going; it will be useful in many ways no matter which direction I go.
- Educate myself further in my potential areas of interest.
- Get rid of commitments that are no longer a good match for me. (This needs to happen anyway.)
- Do some work around making myself a vibrational match for the change.
Thoughts I Can Think
- Whatever I do next will be right.
- I am capable of doing whatever it is that I choose.
- People want to help me.
- I am ready.
For the month of December, I’m participating in a project called #reverb10. You can read the creation story yourself; the short version is that it’s a month-long exercise in reflecting on the year and manifesting what you want for next year. There’s a daily prompt to which you respond as you see fit. View all my #reverb10 posts.